Wednesday, March 2, 2022

๐Ÿ”ธ⭐"๐–๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ž๐ญ." ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‹๐Š๐Ž⭐๐Ÿ”ธ

Dear friends,
let me start with a few words.
☮ I don't know if you can imagine how hard it is to make a post about your beloved band in light of the events of recent days.
☮ What should I write in a situation where our dear soulmate Olga is experiencing true hell together with her compatriots?
☮ What should I write in a situation where the band itself had to delete its post bringing the message of peace and faith in love?
They had to delete their post because of a whirlwind of hateful comments and insults that - and I must say this - dishonors our humanity.

Photo credit: Robin Francois 

๐Ÿ”ธ ๐‘จ๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•, ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’Š๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’• ๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’†๐’˜๐’” ๐’Š๐’” ๐’“๐’–๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’….
๐Ÿ’ฌ ๐‘ณ๐’†๐’• ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’“๐’†๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’–:
"Perhaps to perfectly illustrate the dystopian edge of their new record, in its press release, Brian admits being jealous of his teenage son’s generation who may get “front-row seats to the apocalypse”. Admittedly today he’s quick to disclaim that despite his own morbid visions of the future, “the world still needs people with hope and optimism” and yet…
“I have climate depression, so I’m not sure that people should actually listen to me too closely,” he laughs. “Maybe my son’s generation will save the planet. Maybe they won’t. I’m just very disappointed by the human race.”
(๐ท๐ผ๐‘Œ, ๐น๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ 18๐‘กโ„Ž, 2022)


“Our obsession with acquiring wealth, this philosophical attitude that it’s actually something worthwhile, I think, will eventually render us extinct. And, in a way, I can’t think of another species on the planet that deserves it more...”
(๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ˆ๐พ, ๐น๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ 1๐‘ ๐‘ก, 2022)


Brian's disillusionment with the human species is nothing new. Already in the song
๐๐‹๐”๐„ ๐€๐Œ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐ from the album Black Market Music from 2000, he expresses contempt for the hypocrisy of human nature.


Placebo - Blue American (MCM Cafรจ 2001)

๐Ÿ”ธ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐ ๐๐‹๐”๐„ ๐€๐Œ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐:
"Well, 'Blue American' is 3:30 of self-disgust American style. The person in the song is at such a low point, just disgusted by the fact he is a human being, a human species, which is the most destructive on this planet, and everything he touches turns into war, violence and garbage. The person in the song is heading out his culture, his upbringing, his conscious history, the fact his country could be responsible for such institutions, mass racism and violence and he is still feeling the ripple effect of that today, in things like the L.A. riot, the institution mass racism in the police. You have it in France as well, for fuck… sake, you have it in America you have it in Great Britain. And he's sitting out of fashionable self-help things, you know self-help and psychiatry in America… In fact it is the lowest and downest point of the album: it is self-disgust, disappointment of the human race. Basically this is what 'Blue American' is about."
(๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘€๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘˜๐‘œ, ๐‘†โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘๐‘˜, 2000)


๐Ÿ’ฌ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’†๐’๐’„๐’‰ ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’†๐’˜, ๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’”๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’–๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’”๐’๐’–๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐‘ณ๐’‚๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’‚, ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’Š๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’š๐’”:
"Indeed, I think the person who's in this song is disgusted by humanity and is ashamed of being of human being. Because human beings are the only species on this earth to make crap with everything it touches. I find it interesting that with the Darwin's theory of evolution, all other species adapt to their environment. Humans are the only ones who have adapted the environment to them. We are the most selfish species that lives on this planet."
๐ŸŽฌ ๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’๐’๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’†๐’˜ ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†:
https://bit.ly/3szT411

Photo credit: Robin Francois

⭐๐๐‹๐”๐„ ๐€๐Œ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐ ๐‹๐˜๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐’:⭐
I wrote this novel just for you
It sounds pretentious but it's true
I wrote this novel just for you
That's why it's vulgar
That's why it's blue
And I say, thank you
And I say, thank you

I wrote this novel just for Mom
For all the mommy things she's done
For all the times she showed me wrong
For all the time she sang god's song
And I say thank you Mom
Hello Mom
Thank you Mom
Hi Mom

I read a book about Uncle Tom
Where a whitey bastard made a bomb
But now Ebonics rule our song
Those motherfuckers got it wrong
And I ask
Who is uncle Tom?
Who is uncle Tom?
Who is uncle Tom?
You are

I read a book about the self
Said I should get expensive help
Go fix my head
Create some wealth
Put my neurosis on the shelf
But I don't care for myself
I don't care for myself
I don't care for myself
I don't care

I wrote this novel just for you
I'm so pretentious, yes it's true
I wrote this novel just for you
Just for you
Just for you
๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ

Photo credit: Robin Francois

☮๐Ÿ’œ Dear soulmates, our page is for fans of the band Placebo, whose message throughout their existence is clear.
☮๐Ÿ’œ There is no room for insults, only for mutual respect.
☮๐Ÿ’œ So go and hug the ones you love.
☮๐Ÿ’œ Be grateful for what you have.
☮๐Ÿ’œ And lend a helping hand wherever you can.
☮๐Ÿ’œ Show that the world and humanity still have a chance.


“...we need hope at this point”
(๐ต๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘€๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘˜๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘†๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ˆ๐พ, ๐น๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ 1๐‘ ๐‘ก, 2022)

Post by Marti