Wednesday, February 1, 2023

๐ŸŒ›◾โ„™๐•ƒ๐”ธโ„‚๐”ผ๐”น๐•† ๐•ƒ๐•Œ๐•ƒ๐•ƒ๐”ธ๐”น๐•€๐”ผ๐•Š - ๐•ก๐•’๐•ฃ๐•ฅ ๐•๐•๐•€.◾๐ŸŒœ

๐Ÿ’ฆ๐‡๐ข ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ,๐Ÿ’ฆ
tonight we symbolically end the lullabies from the ๐™ˆ๐™€๐˜ฟ๐™Ž ๐™š๐™ง๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š, which is an iconic rock hit in its original fast version. But thanks to Placebo's playfulness and Brian's insistence on not being bored with his music, we can listen to this slow musical gem before falling asleep.

Photo credit: Benni Valsson

๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถ ๐Œ๐„๐ƒ๐’ - ๐Ž๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐œ ๐•๐ข๐๐ž๐จ
https://bit.ly/3Y9xehQ

๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถ ๐Œ๐„๐ƒ๐’ - ๐€๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
https://bit.ly/3Hrfesu


⭐๐’๐Ž๐๐† ๐ˆ๐๐…๐Ž:
Meds is the opening track of the self-titled album released in 2006.

๐Ÿ”น๐Ÿ’ฌ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Ž๐ ๐Œ๐„๐ƒ๐’๐Ÿ’Š:
"I wrote it during my stay in India, like 'Song to say goodbye'. 'Meds' is about loosing yourself, not recognizing yourself. You feel lost, desperate, and you don't know what you think anymore, what you really feel. It's a very disturbing feeling, for me and for everyone, and I wanted to express it. I'm glad it's the opening song of the album, it's the 1st time a Placebo record opens with an acoustic chord."
(๐š๐š˜๐šŒ๐š” ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š, ๐™ฐ๐š™๐š›๐š’๐š• ๐Ÿธ00๐Ÿผ)

"An addiction is a form of escape: you run away from yourself. It's a way of not facing life, to make things worse. Of course, you can have more or less control over it. It depends on whether the problem is due to your environment or whether it comes from your chromosomes. Sometimes it's hard to face things. To look at yourself with detachment. Living empirically, experimenting, is always easier than "following a path", but at the end of the day, you can't run away forever. At some point, you have to deal with all aspects of your life. Even the most painful ones."
(๐™ฟ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฒ๐™ด๐™ฑ๐™พ ๐™ธ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŸ๐š’๐šŽ๐š , ๐™ต๐š›๐šŽ๐š—๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐šŠ๐šฃ๐š’๐š—๐šŽ ๐™ฟ๐š‘๐š˜๐šœ๐š™๐š‘๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ, ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐Ÿธ00๐Ÿผ)

Photo credit: Chris Crisman

๐Ÿ’”๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’๐‘Ÿ...๐Ÿ”ฅ
I have a very deep personal connection to this song and will be very open in this post... because I know I'm not the only one whose life has been changed by Placebo music.

๐Ÿ’Š๐™ˆ๐™€๐˜ฟ๐™Ž ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ is something that gave me chills and nausea at one important stage in my life.

Maybe you know it too. A song you've known for years suddenly turns into a demon. It's in your ears all the time, day and night...

You can't get rid of the notes, the words. They come up in many everyday situations. And you don't want to hear it anymore because because it hurts...
It happened when MEDS was already 10 years old. I don't want to share very painful details, but I was going through a period that I wouldn't wish anyone in the world to experience.

The mental pain from the situation that totally wounded me was reflected psychosomatically in my physical body... and I cried out for help with every cell of my being and I've only encountered a lack of understanding from those closest to me.

I still remember the moment when this slow version first hit me right in the heart. I was listening to music before falling asleep and suddenly I was sitting on my bed crying.

๐Ÿ’”๐‘ฐ ๐’…๐’Š๐’…๐’'๐’• ๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’Š๐’›๐’† ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡, ๐’˜๐’‰๐’š ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†. ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’‚๐’•'๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’๐’˜๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„.๐Ÿ”ฅ

The outline of the shadow lying beside me was insensitive to my emotions and I suddenly realized the depth of my problem. The fact that I try to maintain an image of my perfect happiness in front of the whole world and yet it was such a lie... It's an image of my addiction. Not on drugs, but on a dysfunctional marriage and family paradigm.
๐Ÿ”น'...๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ... ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต,
...๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ... ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ค ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ...'

The line about meds was suddenly like a mockery to me... ๐Ÿ”น"๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ..๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด?"

No one cared how I really felt.
๐Ÿ”น'...๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด,
...๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต...'

๐€๐ญ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ, a very deep cleansing process started in my inner world. The process where I got out of the phase of blaming others for my situation and started blaming myself.
๐Ÿ”น'...๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต,..
...๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ...'

I think that even in psychology these individual phases are described in detail.
This unwanted and unwelcome anthem was ringing in my ears every day and I couldn't escape it.
If you fight something in anger and hatred, it keeps coming back, even stronger, to finally bring you down.

๐Ÿ’”Thoughts of suicide appeared... after all, I'm just a burden to everyone and myself.

Photo credit:  Benni Valsson

๐Ÿ™I didn't give up. During this cleansing process, two more very important phases followed -
๐€๐‚๐‚๐„๐๐“๐€๐๐‚๐„ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐•๐„๐๐„๐’๐’.

But Meds for me will always be the song that on a subconscious level broke down the totally barricaded door to my wounded ego that wanted to stay hidden and feel sorry for itself until the very end.

Today, the slow version of Meds is a favorite lullaby for me. I love these Placebo acoustic songs and I will be happy if you enjoy this perfection with me tonight.

In these videos that I have selected for you, you can see how time went with this song.

๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถ๐Œ๐ž๐๐ฌ - ๐€๐ฅ๐ž๐ฃ๐š๐ง๐๐ซ๐จ ๐…๐ซ๐š๐ง๐œ๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
https://bit.ly/3jilJ9h

๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถ๐Œ๐ž๐๐ฌ - ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐€๐๐†๐Š๐Ž๐‘ ๐–๐€๐“ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
http://bit.ly/3XT6jad

๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถ๐Œ๐ž๐๐ฌ - ๐’๐…๐‘ ๐’๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
https://bit.ly/3YbRkYQ


๐Ÿ”น๐ŸŽถAnd of course - I took ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฏ๐ข๐๐ž๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž๐›๐จ'๐ฌ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐Œ๐“๐• ๐”๐๐๐‹๐”๐†๐†๐„๐ƒ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“, which for me personally is absolutely the best performance (although it is basically on the first position with the video from ANGKOR WAT).



The way the song culminates in a string arrangement by Fiona Brice and the full orchestra, along with the visual sensation of a very beautiful laser curtain, always fills me with awe.

Post by Marti