Thursday, February 17, 2022

🟦▪𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐊𝐎 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 𝐢𝐧 𝐊𝐘𝐈𝐕, 𝐔𝐊𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎▪🟦

“𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅, “𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒐”, 𝑰 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔.”

On September 17th, 2010, during Battle For The Sun tour, Placebo played at the International Exhibition Center in Kyiv, Ukraine. Right before the concert, Brian did an interview for 𝑶𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝑴𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄 magazine which I translated for you.

Photo credit: Fasten Brain

Placebo's managers kept us in suspense for a long time and confirmed the interview with the band's frontman Brian Molko just an hour before the concert. While the audience was warmed up by Marakesh on the stage of International Exhibition Center, we were given 10 minutes to talk to Molko. As it’s difficult to get deep into the topics that interested us in such a short time, we only touched the main points.
Given Placebo's tight schedule, we expected to see a tired zombie but instead, smiling and friendly Brian Molko sat in the chair across. There’s not the slightest hint in his appearance that Placebo have been touring for fifteen months with almost no break. And certainly no prerequisites for the fact that two days later Brian will interrupt the concert in Moscow due to health issues. Today, Molko is laughing and humming something under his breath (it's a pity that photography wasn’t allowed during the interview).

𝑯𝒊!
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Hi!

𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕? 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖? 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑲𝒚𝒊𝒗 𝒐𝒏 𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚? 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑲𝒚𝒊𝒗?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I'm fine. And in Kyiv, we have already been before. Yesterday we slept. We travel a lot, so in our spare time, we prefer to sleep a lot, sometimes we go out for a dinner together.

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝑲𝒚𝒊𝒗. 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒖𝒔.
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I remember a bit... And you? (*laughs*)

𝑰 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒕 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍! 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒈𝒐.
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Oh yeah... You know, a lot of things happened during this time.
 
𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆. 𝑺𝒐, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒕 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒑 𝑩𝒐𝒚𝒔' "𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔" 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎. 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕. 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I didn't choose, Fiona suggested it. I grew up listening to this song, listening to this band. I've always been a Pet Shop Boys fan. And I also like to record with violins, with an orchestra. I’ve done this several times already.

𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝑩𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒈 "𝑨𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑼𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆" 𝒂𝒏𝒅 "𝑵𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔"?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Exactly. I love the sound of the orchestra.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝑺𝑩'𝒔 "𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔" 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂, 𝑱𝒂𝒏𝒆'𝒔 𝑨𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏'𝒔 "𝑺𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒔" 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒔...
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Oh wow!

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I'm quite impressed! You are the first guy in six months or more who went for a f*cking research on my art and is fun to hang out with! (*laugh*)

Photo credit: Daniele Barraco

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑺𝒐, 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I don’t know. We are now trying to make it to the end of the tour, to remain united, we are counting the days.

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚? 𝒀𝒐𝒖’𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆.
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: No. It all lasts too long. I'm ready. Ready for vacation. I want to go home, I want to spend time with my son.

𝑰𝒇 𝒔𝒐, 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆? 𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑹𝒆𝒛𝒏𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒐, 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒏𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I have no idea. A few years ago, I would have known the answer for sure. But long tours take you away from your family, and being a parent is very important to me. I would love to find a way to keep making music and still be a parent.

𝑰𝒇 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒗𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒍𝒌𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎 (*𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒅𝒔*) 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐. 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Of course! Many times! But now, I think, this is not a priority on my desire list. Now I don't need it. But I can't predict the future. Everything I say, “I will never do”, I ended up doing. Only stupid people don't change their minds. (*Brian smiles broadly, clearly pleased with his aphorism*)

𝑰𝒏 1997, 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒅 𝑩𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒆'𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝒀𝒐𝒓𝒌. 𝑰𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅'𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒓 - 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅'𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒔. 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒚.
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It seems that it was still in 1996. That was incredible. We didn't actually get to know them well but just observed them, like the kids in a candy store.

𝑶𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎 "𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒔" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒖𝒆𝒕𝒔 - 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑶𝒏 "𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒖𝒏" 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒘?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Possibly, but I don't know yet who it will be. You know, when we make an album, we want to do something different from what we did last time. But if you do something opposite to the last album, then you’d return to the one before it. So, we need to look for completely new spaces.

𝑨𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I’m not gonna tell you! (*laughs*)

𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕? 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yes, of course, there are new songs. But I don't know what the hell to do with them yet.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 "𝑽𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒕 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆". 𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏? 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒎 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I don't really know... I still have a lot of good memories of working on “Velvet Goldmine” because I worked with one of my favourite directors. But I don’t know if this career is for me because in the process of filming you have to just sit around a lot. Anyway, no one offers me anything interesting right now. It all depends on who is knocking the door. But I'm definitely not looking for a parallel career in Hollywood.

𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒆𝒕 "𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚 𝑩𝒐𝒚" 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕? 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌.
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yes, but we were trying to do something interesting. Last year's setlist turned out to be very dark, and for the summer festivals we wanted to do something more colorful, metaphorical. And we realized that the last thing people expect from us is "Nancy Boy", so we needed to play it as the opening track.

Photo credit: Kevin Westenberg


𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑫𝑽𝑫. 𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑫𝑽𝑫?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: You know, nobody buys them anymore. Nobody buys albums, nobody buys live DVDs. But we still love making them. And also, new technologies provide many new opportunities. We’ve got camera men with us on this tour, maybe something will come out of this. (*Brian points towards the camera that was recording our interview*)

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒐?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: The one I’m not in.

𝑯𝒎𝒎… “𝑺𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒂𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆”?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: "Song to Say Goodbye" and "Trigger Happy Hands" and the animation videos we made.

𝑺𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒅𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒐𝒔?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I have to, I just have to. But, you know, it's very difficult to turn a video into a work of art. The video mostly becomes a marketing tool. It's pretty hard to balance.

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Now I love The Black Angels, I love The Black Kids, I love all kinds of psychedelics like Dungen from Sweden or Black Mountain from Canada. All sorts of things inspired by my first love - music of the sixties. Neo-psychedelic. This is very interesting for me now.

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒖𝒎, 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒈𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅. 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒖𝒑 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒓, 𝒃𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒙𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒃𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔?
📢𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: All that is still a part of our nature, but when you grow up, your horizons expand. So now we are really consciously focusing on other things.


Placebo manager comes to us. It's time for the band to get ready to go on stage. “Damn, I’d like to talk more!’ Brian says goodbye. “Are you staying for the concert?” Yes, I answer. “Ok, I hope to see you!” We shake hands. In 10 minutes, “Nancy Boy” will sound on the stage followed by other amazing songs. We didn't manage to discuss a lot. Hopefully, we can continue in three years.
(𝑂𝑝𝑒𝑛 𝑀𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑐, 𝑆𝑒𝑝'10)


Here you can watch a short video review of the show:
https://bit.ly/3HpZ6WW
https://bit.ly/3omYwBV

Post by Olga