Wednesday, December 1, 2021

๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐„๐๐Ž: ๐€๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ


Photo credit: Francesca Bosetti, ferrarip4_5, gabriela_alicja, edit by Marti

๐•๐ž๐ง๐ฎ๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ:
Nimes is home to one of the best-preserved Roman amphitheaters in the world, with an auditorium for up to 24,000 people. The Nimes Arena is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Its origin dates back to the 90th AD. In Roman times, the arena was used for gladiatorial games. Today, in addition to summer concerts, bullfights are also held there. The capacity of the auditorium was reduced to 13,000 visitors.
๐Ÿ”ธ๐ŸŽฌ ๐‘จ ๐’˜๐’๐’๐’…๐’†๐’“๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’“๐’• ๐’—๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‚๐’Œ๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’”๐’† ๐’‰๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’Ž๐’”:
https://bit.ly/3rq1A2o
๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ


So far, Placebo has performed at this historically magical place a total of 3 times: in 2004, 2006 and 2017.
Here are just a few YT videos from those first two concerts, so you can soak up the atmosphere.
๐Ÿ”ธ๐ŸŽฌ ๐‘ผ๐’๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’•๐’–๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’๐’š, ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’“๐’• ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’Š๐’‚๐’'๐’” ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‡๐’‚๐’ ๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’‘๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž 2004 ๐’‰๐’‚๐’” ๐’”๐’–๐’“๐’—๐’Š๐’—๐’†๐’…:
https://bit.ly/3pjqJJu

๐Ÿ”ธ๐ŸŽถ ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’—๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ” ๐’Š๐’” ๐’…๐’†๐’‡๐’Š๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’†๐’๐’š ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‰ ๐’”๐’†๐’†๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ:
https://bit.ly/3o9v3M0


But the year 2017 was exceptional as soon as it was a celebration of the band's 20th anniversary with the best Placebo hits.
๐Ÿ”ธ๐ŸŽถ ๐‘ฝ๐’Š๐’…๐’†๐’ ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’๐’๐’† ๐’„๐’๐’๐’„๐’†๐’“๐’• ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’๐’š ๐’Ž๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’‡๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’Ž:
https://bit.ly/3d2FDOQ
๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ

Photo credit: Francesca Bosetti

I have found a great review of the concert for you written by the Italian fan Francesca, whom I share here for you today in an abbreviated form.
Enjoy the evening, dear friends, and I look forward to your memories of this amazing experience.
So - who of you saw Placebo in Arenes de Nimes?


๐Ž๐๐“๐‡๐„๐‘๐Ž๐€๐ƒ๐Ÿ’๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ - ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ข ๐ญ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž๐›๐จ

Francesca Bosetti

.../.../ And, by some divine intuition, we immediately understand that this will be an evening to remember. The stage, unlike how it appeared on the photos, is even closer and the risk of a shit figure is no longer a hypothesis but a solid reality.
If Brian, whom I had seen two nights before in Barolo, seemed already in a state of grace, what I am facing tonight makes me seriously think that my singer looks more smiling, engaging, double cheerful, and ultimately, also a lot more sexy.
In the middle of ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , we have a reasonable suspicion that what they spray into the air is not stage smoke, but a very strong and deadly mixture of pheromones and testosterone. .../.../


At ๐‹๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž, a happy confusion reaches heights that no one has touched before: my singer dances, jumps, winks, mishandles guitars with enthusiasm I haven't seen before and once combines a sequence of 8 Breathe at 1200 beats per second, spit out lungs with all bronchi. (The song ends with a long LAAAAAAAAVVVV and a lick of the microphone)..../.../


๐“๐จ๐จ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ are dangerously gaining a position in my personal rating.
And it's clearly the hormone that speaks for me, but try to understand that between a particularly heavy sweat (seeing means believing) and an adorable disgusted expression (complemented with our accusation of doing nothing but staying behind a cell phone), the objectivity of a poor fan overwhelmed by tsunami of emotions is reduced to less than the minimum wage.
(The song ends with licking off a drop of sweat from the microphone with the lower lip). .../.../

Photo credit:  Gabriela Alicja

๐„๐ฑ๐ข๐ญ ๐–๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐๐ฌ and ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ” ๐ƒ๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ, I think they should now be officially archived as weapons of mass destruction. The first, less recited and certainly much more intense than usual, leaves a collective daze on the field while the second, especially the very last asympathetic "Shoulders toes and knees, I'm dirty sex" is certainly responsible for the peak of births that will occur in roughly April 2018.
(Both songs end with two powerful mic licks).


But it is on ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐Š that the real drama takes shape. In the background I see a shady figure wandering around the stage armed with a video camera. I hadn't really noticed it so far, but it's clear that then they're really resuming the show. I distinctly recognize the good Charlie Targett-Adams (formerly responsible for the highly anticipated documentary Placebo: Alt.Russia, soon to be aired on Netflix and whose second part, Placebo: Alt.Vimercate is already in the works) and at that moment I realize that the shit figure could be world-wide.


Still, do you think that could have stopped us?
Absolutely not, our singer tonight is able to make us forget the name and surname even of the closest relatives, let alone the consciousness of perpetuation in something we will be ashamed of until the seventh generation can bring us back to earth.
We certainly realize that those five minutes of preventive shyness were definitely not enough.


We arrive at ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ง๐ and I am honestly exhausted, certainly very happy, but physically, hormonally, and mentally devastated. The debut here is the declaration of war, the embrace of the guitar for the "comfort zone", the "caress" of the aforementioned very happy guitar, which leaves nothing to the imagination. I mean, I definitely need a break. (The song ends with a breathless "end" and licking the microphone as in the manual). .../.../


In a moment we arrive at ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  [๐”๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐‡๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ] and consequently we know that it is very close to the end. But for the first time I do not experience this moment with regret, but as the culmination of a perfect show from all points of view./.../

Photo credit: Francesca Bosetti 

Brian climbs up onto the stage armed with what appears to be a particularly vintage analog video camera with which he shoots the audience.
I thought I really saw everything, but if someone told me that one day I would end up in Brian Molko's film, I would consider him a fool and give him the name of a good psychiatrist.
I thank all the known and unknown divinities, for giving me a very rare moment of lucidity to have prevented me from making completely crazy faces. Maybe the look wasn't the most intelligent but at least I managed to keep a semblance of normality by masking a sort of inner apocalypse with a slight embarrassed smile.


Now, aside from songs that have deserved a special mention, I actually think I saw Nรฎmes as the best show of the whole tour. Besides the fact that the question: why wasn't I born a microphone or a guitar? it will haunt me for the rest of my existence, I leave the Arena knowing that I attended an unforgettable concert, and all I have to do is look my comrades in the eye to understand that this time it's not just my impression.


I certainly don't forget that Brian is also a great actor, and therefore much of the joviality, empathy, energy and joy that was shown to us tonight was used and consumed for the footage.. Because it is clear that if you are making a video that will be part, I hope, of a possible DVD you try to give your best (and I'm really sorry to have ruined most of the scenes) but if this is the result, well guys, let's do it way to resume all concerts!
(๐™พ๐š—๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›๐š˜๐šŠ๐š๐Ÿบ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š•๐š˜๐š, ๐Ÿธ0๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ)
๐Ÿ”ธ⭐๐Ÿ”ธ

Post by Marti