Thursday, June 24, 2021

⭐๐๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‹๐Š๐Ž: ๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐ ๐“๐Ž ๐‘๐Ž๐‚๐Š ‘๐’ ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹⭐

Dear soulmates!
Today I'm done with another translation of Brian Molko's ๐ˆ๐๐“๐„๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐„๐– for you. Its Russian version was published on ๐‘ด๐’†๐’•๐’“๐’ website in 2014.
Enjoy reading!๐Ÿฅฐ


⭐๐๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‹๐Š๐Ž: ๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐ ๐“๐Ž ๐‘๐Ž๐‚๐Š ‘๐’ ๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐‹⭐
On July 5th, the Gorky Park will host the Svoy Subbotnik festival which will feature Kasabian, Metronomy, Miles Kane, Jamie Woon, Tesla Boy, Naadya and The Uchpochmack (Zemfira's new project). Metro's questions have been answered by Brian Molko, frontman of Placebo, the show's main headliner.

๐‘ฐ๐’•’๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’†๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’• ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ ๐’š๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’” ๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‘๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’†๐’ƒ๐’. ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’• ๐’Š๐’Ž๐’‘๐’๐’“๐’•๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’…๐’–๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†?
Serious question. I’d say that the most significant thing is that the band remain productive for a long time, that we refuse to leave the stage for a very long time. We can’t do anything else really. I never had an office job. I graduated from the university and right after that, I founded Placebo, started to write and play songs. That’s what I still do! But there are so many bands that started at the same time as us but then gave up and got a job. The thought that I would have to do the same seemed very depressing to me. At that point, we are like The Rolling Stones. They have enough money, they don't need to go on tours but they don't know what else they could do. It’s the same about us. And now, we as a band are in a very privileged position. Every time we release an album, people are interested in listening to our music. Even after these twenty years. This is incredible! And I’m very very grateful for that.

Photo credit: Ollie Milliga

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’˜ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’”๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’๐’” ๐’‚๐’” ๐’‚ ๐’๐’š๐’“๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’• ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’… ๐’…๐’–๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†?
I think I improved in writing stories. Stories with their own characters. You can hear it on our latest album Loud Like Love. Paradoxically, the use of this literary technique makes the author more vulnerable and private in his songs.

๐‘ฏ๐’๐’˜ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’๐’†๐’• ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„ ๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’–๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’š?
Changed completely! Nobody buys vinyls and CDs anymore...

๐‘ฐ๐’” ๐’Š๐’• ๐’ˆ๐’๐’๐’… ๐’๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’…?
I think it depends on a customer, doesn’t it?
An entire generation has grown up convinced that things which include a lot of work and money invested should be free. I think if you don’t buy music of your favourite band, they will no longer be able to make a living by playing music. The musicians will just quit and get other jobs. Like driving a cab or cleaning glasses at the bar.

๐‘ฐ ๐’‰๐’๐’‘๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’†๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’—๐’† ๐’–๐’‘ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„.
If I’m honest, I would prefer not to discuss financial things.

๐‘พ๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’…๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ช๐’๐’๐’„๐’‰๐’Š๐’•๐’‚ ๐‘พ๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’•, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฌ๐’–๐’“๐’๐’—๐’Š๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’?
Are you really asking me about Eurovision? Are you actually doing this?! It's a waste of your time! I don’t own a TV, I don’t watch it, and I don’t give a sh*t about the Eurovision! It's not even a cultural event. So, asking me that is a waste of time.

๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’ ๐’–๐’” ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’“๐’‚๐’›๐’š ๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’”.
When they jump off the stage, it can be quite dangerous. When they got out on the stage, then, it happened, they broke the equipment. We don’t approve of these actions! And, fortunately, there are fewer and fewer of them. But people still try to run out and hug me when I play on stage. But, damn it, man, why are you doing that? I'm trying to do my work here! It’s not the best time to hug me! Also, over the past twenty years, various objects have been thrown at me. A bottle of urine. Bullets. And the ham. A box of ham. That’s just unreal! Oh yeah, and coins! Coins hurt a lot!

๐’€๐’๐’–’๐’—๐’† ๐’…๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’๐’‡ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”. ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’…๐’Š๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’†๐’๐’‹๐’๐’š ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’•?
I can’t answer this question. It would be too rude.

๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’ ๐’–๐’” ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’”๐’๐’.
Cody loves me very much. He basically grew up with the band. He used to see how difficult making music and touring is.

Photo credit unknown

๐‘ฌ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’๐’๐’† ๐’”๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„ ๐’Š๐’” ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’Œ. ๐‘ซ๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’‹๐’๐’š๐’‡๐’–๐’? ๐‘ท๐’๐’‘ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’„, ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’†๐’™๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’๐’†. ๐‘น๐’†๐’ˆ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’†?
Reggae? I like reggae! I also love classical music and opera. But I don't listen to rock ‘n’ roll too much. I don't think there’s a lot of interesting stuff in this genre. My favorite rock band is The National. I also like Queens of the Stone Age. And a girl band from California called Warpaint. I like them very much too.

๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‘๐’†๐’๐’‘๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’Œ ๐’š๐’๐’–’๐’“๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐‘ฑ๐’‚๐’“๐’†๐’… ๐‘ณ๐’†๐’•๐’. ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’…๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’Œ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’Š๐’”๐’๐’?
We know each other. Jared is very talented. He won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. Jared is a very interesting person. So, if someone compares us, that's not a problem for me!

๐‘จ๐’“๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’š ๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’”๐’๐’?
Yeah, quite happy. I'm very lucky to do what I love. Most of people on this planet are not as lucky as I am.
(๐‘€๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ, ๐ฝ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘’ 4, 2014)

▪️๐‘‡๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š ๐‘…๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘‚๐‘™๐‘”๐‘Ž ๐ต๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘˜๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ƒ๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ ๐ด๐‘›๐‘ฆ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ

Post by Olga