𝘽𝙍𝙄𝘼𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙇𝙆𝙊 & 𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙁𝘼𝙉 𝙊𝙇𝙎𝘿𝘼𝙇 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙒 𝘼𝙏 𝙁𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟯
![]() |
| Photo credit unknown |
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Good evening
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It's in the blood. My grandfather was French. It's in the blood. I grew up in Luxembourg. So is Stefan. We grew up in a French-speaking country. I grew up with French TV. I've learned French at school.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐕 𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah. It's a real pleasure to meet you. I grew up with french culture, french cinema. It's a language that I love. When I was a teenager, my skills in french were a bit better I think.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I've lost it a bit because I live in London, but it's a very beautiful language.
𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I used to speak luxembourgish when I was very young. I went to the Luxembourgish kindergarten. But I totally forgot Luxembourgish.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞!
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: What a language…
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: American and British. I have dual nationality.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: My dad is a banker.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: That's it
𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧!
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧 𝐎𝐥𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐥?
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: Yeah. Hello
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮?
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: Yes, it's the same. It was the 80s. Luxembourg is a small Switzerland. For the banks, it was good. We had no choice, me and Brian. It was because of our parents.
![]() |
| Placebo live in Cologne 2003, Screenshot |
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It wasn't that sinister. My older brother spent his teenage years in Luxembourg and he had a lot of fun. I think it really calmed down in the 80s. There really wasn't much to do.
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: No concert
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: No, no. Stef and I went to the same school but we weren't friends, we didn't talk to each other. But separately, we locked ourselves in our rooms. We were listening to music. We learned to play the guitar. That's all we had to do. It's because of Luxembourg that we are there now. Life was slow there.
𝐅.𝐁 : 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Culturally speaking, it took a long time. But it's much better these days. They have clubs, nice bars and there are a lot of bands that go there to play gigs. We just went back there. We played at the ice rink (La Patinoire) where I went with my mother. And for you, this was the first gig you attended, Neil Young. You went back to play in Luxembourg.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐋𝐚 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐱𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐠.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: La Patinoire of Kockelscheuer.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐒𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥? 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It was a refuge. It was a way to escape everything, to create your own world, to express yourself, to do something creative, to feel less alienated.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲... 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐲 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: There were good record stores.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 : There are still good record stores in Luxembourg. That is true. I spent most of my time in record stores and most of my pocket money went to records.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Not at all.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐚, 𝐈 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝟏𝟐, 𝟏𝟑, 𝟏𝟒, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐖𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐚. 𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐭. 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠? 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠? 𝐎𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: There was a certain innocence, that's true. I had a phase where I listened to music from the 60s, psychedelic music. The Grateful Dead and all that. Janis Joplin whom I still adore. She's one of my idols. At the same time, I was listening to Madonna. We are children of the 80s. There was the disco where there was…
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: Michael Jackson
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Even Sheila with 'Spacer'. The Gibson Brothers, Boney M and all that. That's what was on TV. We are children of disco.
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: There was Barry White too.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝? 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: For music?
𝐅.𝐁 : 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I started playing guitar when I was 16. But I wanted to be an actor so when I was 17, I moved to London to go to college. I graduated and then decided I didn't want to continue.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: A drama degree
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I quit. Because I felt bad about myself and realized that what I really wanted to do was to be in a rock band. I refused to have a job until I could get a record deal. I spent two and a half years unemployed to make this possible. After a year and a half, I met Stef completely by accident in a metro station.
![]() |
| Placebo live in Cologne 2003, Screenshot |
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: 10 years ago now.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: You were studying music and I was looking for people to start a band. The coincidence was too great not to realize that maybe there was something going on. Being people who knew each other from school, but who did not speak to each other. We went out for a drink together and found that we had a lot more in common than we could ever have imagined.
𝐅.𝐁 : 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: No, it was more stuffs about life, things that were important to us as freedom, sexuality, life. It was the beginning. That day, when we met in the metro, our lives changed completely. And for the best!
𝐅.𝐁 : 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: You're always looking for a name that you find beautiful. You never find it. You don't really think about what it means until the journalists start asking questions about your name.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Because it sounded good. With a rock band, you always have to choose a name where you can imagine 50,000 yelling in unison. So PLA-CE-BO, PLA-CE-BO, it works.
𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐜: 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah that's right, it's a Latin word.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐦, 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬, 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜, 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It's more of an exorcism, a kind of therapy in public. It's something very strange but it's vital for me. That's why I don't need to go and see a shrink. It's about memory, this relationship that you have with your own memory. I wanted to find out if memory was subjective or objective. I have discovered that it is completely subjective. The ghosts of Sleeping With Ghosts are the people or events that you carry within you, in your soul, in your subconscious, which are still with you and which have an effect on your daily life. These are the people or events that changed you and still live in you. I found it interesting and wanted to explore this subjective relationship with memory.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬? 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: That's why I said it was an exorcism. You exorcise your demons and you can have a more objective speech with these demons, because you have done something positive with them. You wrote a song about them. You start to understand yourself more and it teaches you something. It's very interesting. I find that we are very lucky and we are really blessed to have this opportunity to express ourselves that way. It really is something splendid.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧? 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Almost everything. You still have to have a safety net. You still have to have a line in the sand.
𝐅.𝐁: 𝐀 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah, so it doesn't become a diary. It is a song. It's art. This is not a documentary.
*・゚✧ ・゚☆ ・゚✧・゚*
![]() |
| Placebo live in Cologne 2003, Screenshot |
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴?
This interview is quite extensive, and it gets even better. You can find the next part here: https://bit.ly/3doyI2Q
On the link below you can also listen to the original audio of the first part:
https://bit.ly/3xhWDcj
Besides everything 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏 and 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒏 revealed here, these audios are a real gem because they contain one of the few interviews where we can hear 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝑶𝒍𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒍 speaking in 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒉.
𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑳𝒂𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒂 𝑬𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒖𝒔.
Since 𝑩𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒍𝒌𝒐 has explained above the meaning of the album title "𝑺𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒔", I have chosen a live performance of "𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔" for us to enjoy together.
"𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔" is a more energetic version of the title track "𝑺𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑮𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒔". It was released as a 𝑩-𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 on the single "𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑷𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆" (2003) and it is the version the band usually plays in their concerts.
𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 - 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
https://youtu.be/Orw89IB55r0
Post by Rita



