![]() |
| May 27th 1998 - live at Shepherds Bush Empire (London). |
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Well, we’re going to see your live performances on Canal+ at Nulle Part Ailleurs, so we start from October 1996 with "Teenage Angst".
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I think I don't want to watch this…
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Let's go!
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨 - 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭, 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐥 +, 𝐍𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝟏𝟎.𝟎𝟗.𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔
➡️ https://bit.ly/2K0s1Zq
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Enough, enough!
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Ok guys, so what do you feel watching at yourselves ten years after?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Awful! Yeah, yeah, it’s like looking at really bad photographs with you as a baby, you know, it’s just been embarrassing…
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: We never like to look back really. It was the same thing with the singles collection that even that was painful to look back, to listen to your old stuff. This is even more painful because this is visual as well.
▪ ▪ ▪
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Let's go to the next album!
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: The number two?
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Yeah! This song is Pure Morning. Let's go back to 1998.
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨 - 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐥 +, 𝐍𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖
➡️ https://bit.ly/38wpBeF
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Ahh!!! Oh no! Am I wearing a fucking dress?
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Yes!
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Shiiit! Oh no! I just remember this, there’s gonna be more dress moments coming up. Shit! Ok, enough.
𝐍𝐏𝐀: I have a question about it... Your look has radically changed…
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah, thanks God!
𝐍𝐏𝐀: …but what for did you wear a dress? Was it for something like a provocation or...? Why has your look changed?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I think I just thought I looked good in it but looking back on this I think I was sorely mistaken; you know… I don’t know, I guess I was really really young and you just sort of you’re giggling to yourself, it’s like ‘I’m going on TV wearing a dress – yeas, excellent!’ you know, kind of think ‘I can get away with this’ kind of thing… I don’t know, it’s really too shock, personally looking back I find it very shocking that I wore that. But I think it was just the idea of being able to get away with being on TV and wearing a really short dress. People were thinking it was cool but I don’t know, it’s getting more and more painful. (laughing)
| Photo credit unknown |
▪ ▪ ▪
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Well... I'm really sorry, Brian, but we’re going to see You Don't Care About Us and once again, you’re wearing a dress!
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah, I’m wearing a dress again! (laughing)
(Watching the video) That’s better, it’s getting better.
𝐍𝐏𝐀: Your haircut has changed too!
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah, that’s better!
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: It’s probably the last time in your entire life! (about a dress)
(After the video)
𝐍𝐏𝐀: I don’t think it looks too bad actually, you know. Looks like some kind of gothic secretary, you know.
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: …from Berlin.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Yeah, from Berlin! (laughing) Yeah, it’s definitely kind of a look that’s more inspired by the film ‘Cabaret” I suppose, that kind of smoky Weimar, Germany, kind of Liza Minnelli kind of thing.
▪ ▪ ▪
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐧: Scared of Girls, actually that should have been a single, but hey.
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: It’s too late. Go back with a single and I go back and change all my dresses, you know…
▪ ▪ ▪
𝐍𝐏𝐀: So, we just saw 10 years of your life. How could you summarize your career?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: Extremely embarrassing! I never wanna do that again! If in ten years you ask us to do this again – no! (laughing)
𝐍𝐏𝐀: If you could change something in these 10 years of career, what would it be?
𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧: I wouldn’t wear fucking dress, that’s for sure!
By the way, next ten years later Brian would talk about these 'dress moments' in a definitely calmer, easier, kind of reflective way... which is good, don't you think?
Post by Olga
