Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I would like to see Brian Molko sing with Jared Leto or with Johnny Depp @ Interview with Elizabeth Schulz from Germany




Placebo 20 Anniversary - Interview for the Middle School fan Elizabeth Schulz from Germany

by SusanneCk – Placebo Anyway




Placebo Anyway: When did you first listen to Placebo? I heard around 10 years ago. Is this right?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah. I start listen to Placebo around 10 years ago. But it all started when I first bought the film „Cruel Intentions“ when I used to live in the UK. There was a special with the music video of „Every you Every me“. Then I really fell in love with this beautiful (as I thought first) girl. Ha ha ha. I wanted to know more about the Band and then I saw how wrong I was, I mean that Brian is actually a guy and not a girl. And then I heared the song „20 Years“ and I bought the album „Once more with feeling“.



Placebo Anyway: You did start to listen to the band with “Once More With Feelings”? What is so special for you with this album and also to become a fan of Placebo?
Elizabeth Schulz: There was the song I fell in love for and I liked the way they made music. I first listened to way different music then Placebo made. I was really fascinated about how they play, how they all dress and especially the sound of Brian's voice.

Placebo Anyway: Which difference you see in the band between 2004 and 2014?
Elizabeth Schulz: I think that they are more clear with themselves and happier.

Placebo Anyway: How have you lived the years from 2004 on with the band and their music?
Elizabeth Schulz: Since I became a fan I felt understood. I know, this might sound kind of stupid for some people, but I feel not that depressed anymore. In this time I was a Teenager and felt down quiet often. But when I started to hear Placebo I listen to their songs and felt (and still do) better. In a time when everyone listened to all these Pop-stars with their fake happiness and felt angry because of this lieing and the fact that they are fake people. And Placebo was and are still real and show in their songs, that people feel also down and admit it.




Placebo Anyway: Have you been to all the concerts in your country? Some abroad? Which one are your favourite ones: festivals or venues?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah, I have. I prefer the concerts. But (as it was my first time I saw them live) always will be my favourite: Rock am Ring 2006 – it was perfect!



Placebo Anyway: Have you been to the gigs of the LLL tour 2013?  Where have you been and what is your impresion about the show or shows you have been?
Elizabeth Schulz: I have been on the LLL Tour in Hamburg December 5th 2013. It was incredable, I really enjoyed it. Exept for the curtain, I did not liked the fact of using a curtain....

Placebo Anyway: What about your Placebo CD’s? Do you have all their albums? Any special collection? Vinyls, singles, dvd’s....?
Elizabeth Schulz: I have all their albums and DVDs. Posters, Band Buttons and a lot of printed out pictures of the Band.




Placebo Anyway: Choose three songs from the area “Once More With Feelings” which makes you feel closer to the band?
Elizabeth Schulz: From the best of album: Every you Every me, Twenty Years and 36 Degrees.



Placebo Anyway: You are playing guitar. When did you begin to play? Did you find a special inspirtation in Placebo and their songs? Is their a Placebo song you most love to play?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah, I play guitar. I started to learn guitar about 3 years before I become a fan. I played for fun and not that often. After I start to hear Placebo I wanted to learn some of their songs, really bad....hahaha. So I start to learn them. The first song I was able to play was „Nancy Boy“. I like all songs, but my favourite is to play – still - „Nancy Boy“ .

Placebo Anyway: Do you see any difference between the fans from 2004 and the fans from nowadays?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah. There are more mixed up. From the „old school“ to the „new school“.



Placebo Anyway: Is there a stereotypical Placebo fan?
Elizabeth Schulz: No. I do not think that there is a stereotypical fan.

Placebo Anyway: What do you think about "Soulmates Never Die". Is this true?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah, I think that this is true. Because you really feel for a Soulmate and feel understand by them. That stays forever.

Placebo Anyway: In your opinion, what unifies Placebo fans. What is the glue that puts them together?
Elizabeth Schulz: The love for Brian Molko …. ha ha ha. No, I think that we all feel understand by a Band and the people who listen to them.

Placebo Anyway: How do you see the evolution of the band on a musical way?
Elizabeth Schulz: I think they grown in the way they write their lyrics. More grown up and not mostly about „sex, drugs and lonley heart“. And in some kind of more in a positive attitude, not only and mostly melancholic.




Placebo Anyway: Do you think the inclusion of Steve Forrest gave the band somehting positve?
Elizabeth Schulz: Yeah. He brought a new and fresh spirit into the Band.

Placebo Anyway: Do you have a Placebo favourite member? Brian, Stef, Steve…and why?
Elizabeth Schulz: I love them all but Brian is my favourite. I do like him more because I identify myself with him, because I have found some similarity in Brian and me. How his childhood – teenage years and the person himself is.


Placebo Anyway: Which difference do you see in Brian when you look back and compare it with how he is nowadays?
Elizabeth Schulz: I think he is happier now, thanks to his son Cody.




Placebo Anyway: Do you know Brian’s colaborations with other bands and artitsts. Which one of the colaborations do you think is his best and which artist would you like to see Brian singing?
Elizabeth Schulz: I like the songs he has done with Timo Maas, Hotel Persona and Alpin Stars. I would like to see Brian sing with me … but I think I couldn't get a word out of my mouth if I would meet/sing with him …. ha ha ha.... no, seriously, I would like to see Brian sing with Jared Leto or with Johnny Depp.


by © Ilojleen FanArt


Placebo Anyway: In 3 seconds 3 words about Brian, Stefan and Steve!
Elizabeth Schulz: charming – talented – sunshine

Placebo Anyway: 20 Years to go...what is your wish for the next 20 Placebo years?
Elizabeth Schulz: That they keep on doing what they are doing.



Thank your for taking part in this interview! Elizabeth Schulz about Placebo – by SusanneCk with Diana E.T. Foghing as the helping hand- Placebo Anyway Placebo Anyway

Pictures: Pinterest, Jenny Lewis, Nadav Kander, Elizabeth Schulz