Tuesday, February 5, 2019

PLACEBO ANYWAY SOULMATES-INTERVIEW with Penny Molk from France


PLACEBO ANYWAY
SOULMATES-INTERVIEW with Penny Molk from France

Photo: Placeboworld


Interview with Penny Molk from France. 
By Susie Bosco & Silke Mitteregger from and for Placebo Anyway. 05.02.2019


Placebo Anyway:  PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU!

Penny Molk: Well, I’m Penny Molk, a French Placebo fan since the beginning. I used to be fan of old bands like The Rolling Stones, The Cure and others and of course David Bowie. When I heard about Placebo, The Love Story started.

Placebo Anyway:  CAN YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST PLACEBO SONG THAT YOU'VE EVER HEARD? WHEN AND WHERE WAS IT?

Penny Molk:  The first Placebo song I’ve ever heard was “Bruise Pristine“ because an English friend of mine wrote me “Listen to that band, it’s so new and great“ I did.





Placebo Anyway:  PLACEBO IS LIKE A DRUG –  ONCE YOU HAVE STARTED YOU CAN'T STOP LISTENING. DO YOU AGREE AND HOW DID IT HAPPEN THAT YOU GOT PLACEBO-ADDICTED?

Penny Molk: After “Bruise Pristine“ came “Nancy Boy“ and the addiction started and it has never stopped.





Placebo Anyway:   WHICH SONG OR ALBUM HAD/HAS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFLUENCE ON YOU? WHAT MAKES THIS SONG OR ALBUM  SO SPECIAL AND HOW DID IT CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

Penny Molk:  I do love all the albums but “Battle for the Sun“ is for me the one I prefer because there were new musicians, new sounds, a new universe but still the soul of Placebo in a new atmosphere. A very elegant, precious, unique band. A lot of fresh air and this was important in my life at that time. Thanks Placebo.




Placebo Anyway:   WHAT COMES TO MIND FIRST WHEN YOU THINK OF PLACEBO?
THREE WORDS ONLY: ONE FOR THE BAND, ONE FOR BRIAN AND ONE FOR STEFAN.

Penny Molk: 3 only words?
The band: Tolerance.
          Brian: Perfection.
          Stefan: Unique.
  

Placebo Anyway:   WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACEBO QUOTE?

Penny Molk: A French quote by Brian: “Je ne suis qu’un petit con qui fait de la musique.“


Placebo Anyway:  WHERE DO YOU SEE PLACEBO IN THE NEAR AND DISTANT FUTURE?

Penny Molk: One of the best rock bands in the world with Brian’s  incredible voice, swinging his lovely little ass while playing the guitar on stage with Stefan’s gay dancing.


Placebo Anyway:   THE LAST QUESTION IS YOURS! WHATEVER YOU WANT TO KNOW – FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Penny Molk: What do you feel or expect about Placebo back to the studio now?
My answer is Pure Delight. We really miss them.

Photo: Penny Molk

A picture of myself at my last Indochine concert, November 16th, 2018 in Paris Bercy where I rescued a huge balloon


 Placebo Anyway:  Thank you so much for this lovely interview dear Penny!

Credits: Susie Bosco & Silke Mitteregger - Placebo Anyway 2019