Monday, February 11, 2019

PLACEBO ANYWAY SOULMATES-INTERVIEW with Rita from Mexico




PLACEBO ANYWAY
SOULMATES-INTERVIEW with Rita from Mexico




Interview with Rita from Mexico.
By Susie Bosco & Silke Mitteregger from and for Placebo Anyway. 16.02.2019

Placebo Anyway: PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU!

Rita: Hello, my name is Rita G., I am a Mexican woman in her twenties (closer to thirty). I am a Gemini, I like cats, my favourite colours are blue and purple and I love listening to music. Besides from Placebo I like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Aerosmith, The Cure, Blondie, R.E.M., PJ Harvey, Stone Temple Pilots and other artists who sing in Spanish. One of my hobbies is doing crafts and embroidery. I also like reading and lately I started to draw mandalas and do yoga.



Placebo Anyway: CAN YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST PLACEBO SONG THAT YOU'VE EVER HEARD? WHEN AND WHERE WAS IT?
Rita: Yeah I remember very well. One night my sister was listening to the radio and suddenly she said “Listen to this song, this is great”. She turned up the volume, it was “This Picture“ – and it blew my mind. It was a very special sound and voice, different from everything I’d never heard before, it was so amazing.


I do not remember the exact date, but I think it was in September 2003.
Although in fact the first song I heard was “Every You Every Me“ when I saw the movie “Cruel Intentions“ in 2002. I really liked that song, but I didn’t know who they were until when I read about Placebo‘s career later, then I realized they were the same band... hahaha.

Placebo Anyway:  PLACEBO IS LIKE A DRUG –  ONCE YOU HAVE STARTED YOU CAN'T STOP LISTENING. DO YOU AGREE AND HOW DID IT HAPPEN THAT YOU GOT PLACEBO-ADDICTED?
Rita: Hahaha... I absolutely agree with that! The music of Placebo is highly addictive! I remember that I realized I was becoming addicted to Placebo because my brother had the DVD “Soulmates never die (live in Paris)“ and he lent it to me. And I watched it VERY often; I watched it almost every night for a month.
I finally knew when the Live 8  was broadcasted on TV and they did not show the Placebo performance. Although there were good performances like R.E.M and Pink Floyd's reunion it was not enough for me. I wanted to see Placebo! At that moment I realized that they had already become my favorite band.


Placebo Anyway:  WHICH SONG OR ALBUM HAD/HAS THE MOST IMPORTANT INFLUENCE ON YOU? WHAT MAKES THIS SONG OR ALBUM  SO SPECIAL AND HOW DID IT CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

Rita: I have one album that's very close to my heart, it's “Sleeping with ghosts“, because this was my first Placebo album and therefore it was the one with which I started to know their music. It is very special for me because when I heard “This Picture“ and “Special Needs“ I felt an inexplicable connection that I can not describe.


No band has impacted me with their songs as much as Placebo did. Their music has always been very present in my life, especially when I felt lonely, sad or even in more painful moments like losing a beloved one. They have helped me a lot to vent those feelings and cheer me up, so the influence of Placebo is very positive in my life. Also I am proud to be part of this fandom because it is full of fantastic and kind people from all over the world. It feels like we are on the same frequency and we speak the same language. I have made some friendships and I find it wonderful that loving Placebo joins us together.

Placebo Anyway:  WHAT COMES TO MIND FIRST WHEN YOU THINK OF PLACEBO?
THREE WORDS ONLY: ONE FOR THE BAND, ONE FOR BRIAN AND ONE FOR STEFAN.

Rita:
*Placebo - Beautiness
*Brian - Unique
*Stefan - Lovely


Placebo Anyway:  WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PLACEBO QUOTE?

Rita: This is difficult because there are so many quotes that I love but I will choose one that I read recently in an interview with Stef and he said:

I don't know if we are a band for people who do not identify with the mainstream, but it's very good, because the music can be your best friend, and if we can have that role for people, I'm very happy”.


Placebo Anyway:  WHERE DO YOU SEE PLACEBO IN THE NEAR AND DISTANT FUTURE?

Rita:  I hope to see them here in Mexico. I've never been able to see them live, so this is something I really hope I can do in the future either in this year or the next.

Placebo Anyway: THE LAST QUESTION IS YOURS! WHATEVER YOU WANT TO KNOW – FEEL FREE TO ASK.

Rita: My question is for Placebo Anyway Team. It is not a question properly but I would like you to share a favorite memory that you have related to Placebo :)


Placebo Anyway: 

Mona: My special Placebo memory is a poster of Brian I saw at the wall of someone's flat. I could't say if the person was a female or a male and I so I asked "Who is that?" I got the name and googled and found the band whose song I liked a lot some years ago, but didn't know the band name! This song was EYEM and when I hear it, I have to think about my Placebo discovery story.


G-JLo: Mmmh, I remember a special moment during the Mexico tour 2017.
It was the first time I was able to see the band playing live, after so many years listening to their music. All this made it also possible to connect with the Placebo Fan World. I met a lot of fans and nowadays I can say they are my friends. I'm quiet sure I will meet them again during another Placebo tour.
It was my first experience following a band on their tour, seeing them live again and again on stage. It was amazing and I want to do this again.


Silke: My favourite Placebo-related memory is when I met Brian for an interview. He was very nice and politely. I will never forget this great experience.


Katy: When i discovered Placebo, i was a high school student in 1996. A friend told me: you must listen to this band, it just came out. I sat on stairs near the school and put my headphones on my ears. So well, this discovery transformed my life...A breath of freedom, transgression and novelty was born from it. I felt my world was changing with PLACEBO. Their first album was like a burst, a flash of adrenaline. I immediately became a great lover of their music. This band accompanied me years, I built myself with him.

Susanne: My favourite Placebo-related memory is when I met the band. Lovely people, very kind and I loved the way they talked.
  

Placebo Anyway: Thank you very much for taking part in this interview series dear Rita.

Rita's Placebo Treasures 

Visit our page on Facebook
Credits: Susie Bosco & Silke Mitteregger - Placebo Anyway 2019