Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Letter to David Bowie by Brian Molko - Placebo



“Dearest David
Wherever you are now, I miss you.  Not only do I miss you but my heart is broken.  You were my idol, then you became my mentor and my friend.  I learnt so much from you, just by being in your presence, the conversations we had and, of course, watching you perform.  You always had time for me.  My band and I were tiny when we first met.  Nonetheless , you took us under your wing.  You believed in us and gifted us with so many fantastic opportunities.  Without you, your tutelage and your wisdom, I don’t think I would be where I am today, as an artist but also as a person. For that I will be eternally grateful.
Float around the ether, David.  Bounce gracefully off planets light-years away as you become one with the Universe, as you dive into the Great Unknown.
My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Iman, Lexi and Duncan, whose hearts I know are far more broken than mine.  As for me, I will treasure every memory of every moment we spent together.
Dear David, beautiful man and force of nature, you are immortal.  You live beyond the veil of the big sleep.  Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo.
Namaste"
Brian Molko

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you know at the end we find these words which our team membre bbv tried to translate vĂ­a Google.

These is the meaning she found:

So what does 'Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo' really mean?
Sacred words often have multiple meanings, and that is certainly the case for the Adi Mantra. It is a mantra that both protects us and connects us to the highest source of wisdom. There are many ways to translate it, but one is, “I bow to the All-That-Is. I bow to the Divine Wisdom within myself.”
Sources: Placebo World