Thursday, June 4, 2015

Placebo - Brian Molko - Placebo Press Conference at the Mawazine Festival





Interview translated from French into English by Bรฉnรฉdicte Convert - Placebo Anyway 
Layout Susanne Ck 




What’s your secret to keep on renewing since 20 years?

Brian Molko: Each time we’ve recorded an album, when it’s time to make the next one, it’s a little bit like an allergic reaction… so… Essentially we fucking get bored quickly! So… In order to interest ourselves, musically, we have to renew each time!



What’s the secret of this unchangeable voice?

Answer’s already in English on the video! 



What’s the secret of a hit?

Brian Molko:
We don’t know the secret! I think that if we’d know it, we wouldn’t be able to do it anymore!
It would become a formula! So we follow our instincts and we just enjoy.



How do the lyrics come?

Brian Molko: Lyrics appear during the writing process. I don’t choose the subjects before writing. For me it’s a way to discover myself. It’s a kind of reflection of what’s happening inside me, emotionally and in my subconscious.
We do what we feel like. That’s it. [Laughs] That’s very simple


Photo screenshots: Placebo Anyway