Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Mexican Girl in Russia - LLL Placebo Tour Special - Russia 2014


A Mexican girl in Russia.  – LLL Russian Tour Special 2014

Placebo Anyway in colaboration with Alexandra Ugalde from Mexico.
Interview by SusanneCk – Helping hand Diana E.T. Foghin

You already know her from the LLL Tour Special about Mexico, we are speaking about Alexandra Ugalde.
Placebo old school fan, having been almost to all mexican concerts and a long list of emotions she shared with us in this interview.



Our Mexican soulmate went recently to Russia, to figure out by herself what Placebo could possibly love so much about this amazing country.

Placebo Anyway: Was this your first visit to Russia or have you been there before?
Alexandra Ugalde: This was my 1st visit to Russia.



Placebo Anyway:  Besides discovering what attracts Placebo so much about Russia, which was your main reason to go there?
Alexandra Ugalde: Well, the 1st time that I studied Russian was in 2010, so in that year, to visit Russia was a goal, but now, my principal reason was to visit some special Russian friends

Placebo Anyway: So you’re learning Russian. Wow. All my respects!! I heard it’s very difficult?
Alexandra Ugalde: Oh yes, I’ve to admit that it’s difficult for me (and latins) to pronounce “ы” and sometimes I don’t know when an “o” sounds like an “a”, but I really love this language.
Placebo Anyway: Good luck with the studies!!  Let us speak now about your visit to Russia. Tell us, which places did you visit?
Alexandra Ugalde: I visit only two cities: Moscow and Saint Petersburg
Placebo Anyway: Wonderful. Let us start with the arrangements.  What do you think is very important if you want to go to Russia?  
Alexandra Ugalde: Well, if you are Mexican like me, you need passport and visa, but if you are from the rest of Latin-America or other countries, you don’t need visa, only passport. I chose a flight from Cancun to Moscow with Transaero Airlines.
I packed my luggage the night before my flight! I was so nervous, the clothes I chose were dresses, skirts, t-shirts, etc, because Moscow is hot in summer, although St. Petersburg climate changes a lot, one day is hot and then it  rains.
I think that if you want to go to Russia and you don’t speak any word in Russian, is much better to pay
a guided tour, when I was at the airport no one spoke English.

Placebo Anyway: Which places did you visit?
Alexandra Ugalde: In Moscow:  Kremlin, Red Square, Gorky Park, metro, GUM,  Hermitage Garden, and  many walks in streets and parks.
In St Petersburg, Peter and Paul  Fortress, Cruiser Aurora, Neva River, Winter Palace, Saint Isaac’s Cathedral,  Nevsky Prospect and more.

Placebo Anyway: What are your best memories about Moscow? Which places have you seen and what would you recommend to see and do to everyone who visit these cities?
Alexandra Ugalde: My best memories are with my friend, every single moment with him was amazing , and I can’t say only one or a few, my entire trip was beautiful.
My recommendation is, if you are planning to go, search for tours in advance from home to have tickets to many places, because some places are not open daily and open only for a few hours.


Placebo Anyway: Tell us about St. Petersburg. What was special for you there? What are the differences between both cities?
Alexandra Ugalde: St. Petersburg’s architecture is older, was the capital many years ago, I think it looks  more like Holland, is totally different from Moscow, to me both are so beautiful, Moscow is a circle and is like 3 cities in one, the center is historical, then is a mix of Perestroika and modern and in the end of the circle is very modern
Placebo Anyway: Every journey, every holiday ha its surprise. What was the biggest surprise for you being in Russia?
Alexandra Ugalde: Russians are the best hosts, when you are at their house as a friend,  they treat you so very well, warm and beautiful. Russians don’t smile a lot, but if they smiles at you, is because they like you , they have honest smiles.
Summer nights in Petersburg,  sky
never darkens,  it’s called white nights because sun never sets.



http://www.1zoom.net/
Placebo Anyway: Russian food!! Very tasty as I heard!! Which typical Russian dishes did you try? 
Alexandra Ugalde: I ate шашлык ( shashlik) of lamb, it's like a skewered BBQ, ; окрошка (okroshka) cold sup, has a strong taste, I liked it; самогон (samagon) is like vodka or even more hard liquor, obviously vodka, and квас (kvas) is fermented drink from bread, I loved it.
Placebo Anyway: Could you choose your favorite one for us?
Alexandra Ugalde: Probably Shashlik, vodka and over all I love red caviar!! 


Placebo Anyway: A bit far from Moscow and St. Petersburg, but have you been to any Placebo concert?
Alexandra Ugalde: No, I wasn’t.

Placebo Anyway: Oh, I’m sorry, and why didn’t you went finally to the gigs?
Alexandra Ugalde:  Well…  my idea was to stay  at least two weeks, but I had a little problem… I forgot that my Passport expired, so I had to make an appointment to renew it and it took me 1 more month  ! and obviously less days of my vacations…  

Placebo Anyway: What a pity! Did you meet any Placebo fans in Russia?
Alexandra Ugalde: No, I didn’t have time, and it’s a shame, I really wanted to.

Placebo Anyway: What do you think about Placebo's proximity to the fans and open trade? What do you think is the reason they didn’t do the same in Southamerica?
Alexandra Ugalde: I'm not sure, but it's fair, Placebo spent time in Latin America and also included moments before in videos, including other countries, it's time to coddle more fans.



Placebo Anyway: Have you seen the LLL Russian Tour teaser? Do you like it? We think it looks great!!!
Alexandra Ugalde: Yes, I love it, seems very intimate, friendly, and makes me dream.

Placebo Anyway: Do you go back to Russia and do you want to see Placebo there one day or in another country around the world? Which one would you choose if you could?
Alexandra Ugalde: I wish I could see them in Russia, in fact, my new dream-goal is to live there, although, if I'm there, I could  see them in other countries too.

Placebo Anyway: Thank you again for your collaboration dear Alexandra. Good luck with everything and now in Russian: Спасибо большое, Люблю тебя.
Alexandra Ugalde: Спасибо большое, мои милые друзьяit’s an honor to me to collaborate again.


Placebo Anyway in colaboration with Alexandra Ugalde.
Interview by SusanneCk – Helping hand Diana E.T. Foghin