Monday, May 12, 2014

Hope - Dreams - Love, this is Placebo - LLL Tour Interview in English and Spanish with Brenda Arriaga from Mexico



Placebo LLL tour 2014 South America Special - Interview with Brenda Arriaga from Mexico
by SusanneCk with the helping hand of Diana E.T. Foghin – Placebo Anyway






Placebo Anyway: Hi Brenda!! You were at the LLL tour gigs in Mexico this year. First tell us, when did you first listen to Placebo?
Brenda Arriaga: Yes, I was at the concert on the Mexico City. I'm 19 and I'm from the younger Placebo fans. The first time that I heard about the guys was at high school, seven years ago because one of my older friends told me how incredible is Placebo´s music, and how cute is especially Brian... "Special Needs" was first song that I heard... then, on 2009 I heard "For What it's Worth" and I fell in love... hahaha


Placebo Anyway: At the last tour there were two signings in Mexico. Did you went to any of them?
Brenda Arriaga: Yes I went to the México's City signing session. Was incredible and funny, because I Love Steve, really love that man and days before, I did him one sign with this words "Steve Marry Me". When guys came to signing session, I showed them my sign ... Stefan saw it and laughed hahaha ...but Steve did not see it at any time. Then, I met Brian. I was in shock, just told him "You're beautiful"...
He smiled at me and started to cry. hahahaha




Placebo Anyway: Did you met the band elsewhere?
Brenda Arriaga: Yes, fortunately. First time, it was the Sunday, when the guys played at the "Vive Latino". I did not go to the concert, but searched them on the city, at hotels and finally found them. It was raining and I was so sad, was waiting alone, it was too late and had hope lost of seeing the boys, but suddenly in the distance I saw to the beautiful Steve. My platonic love was front of me... I was nervous, but finally I approached him ... 

I asked for a photo, I was the only one waiting. Then he paused for a while and talked to me, but I did not understand nothing. hahaha 
I could not stop watching him. He is quite handsome, I was in a dream ... After a while Steve said goodbye, hugged me, I kissed his cheek and my dream came true. hahahahaha




Placebo Anyway: Wonderful for you!! How do you feel now after all these meetings?
Brenda Arriaga: I'm totally thankful with them. Placebo is one inspiration to me, because every single day since some years, they accompanied me in this road calling "Life".


Placebo Anyway: If you could meet him again for a little relaxed chat, what you would like to ask him?
Brenda Arriaga: hahaha I was fortunate to see Steve on three occasions and I could not control my nerves. If I could talk to him I would like to talk about music. H
e is a fan of Elvis Presley and me too. hahaha

Placebo Anyway: Why is Steve so special to you and what do you thing about the last drummer Steve Hewitt?
Brenda Arriaga: I think Steve is definitely sexy, cheerful and smiling all the time. He's a very talented guy and always has a moment to greet fans and talk. Respect to Hewitt, is very talented and I personally think he was in the best time of Placebo.


Placebo Anyway: Let us speak a bit about Brian. He is more silent now since the LLL tour. What do you think about the lack of communication with his fans?
Brenda Arriaga: I sincerely think that his attitude with fans is terrible. Brian should be closer to the fans but we love him that way. However when I met Brian, he came to us, then he signed us and talked with us. He was very friendly but said to us "No cameras"...





Placebo Anyway: Okday...so according to some theories this screen was because of Brian’s picture “phobia”. He hates when people pics take all the time and film the concert. What do you think about it?
 Brenda Arriaga: Brian was upset at the concert when he saw some people filming. He should not bother, because always passed so much time until we can see Placebo again  in different countries. So we just want capture those moments.
Placebo Anyway: What do you think about the stereotypical Placebo fan? Was there one since the beginning and does it still exist? What about the Mexican fans? Do you think they are different to the other countries?
Brenda Arriaga: Placebo's fans are sentimental and different people. Most fans actually are from old Placebo's time and that's amazing. The mexican fans are, emotionals, passionates and faithfuls...  We are very noisy and we're crazy, this is the difference with other fans. hahaha.





Placebo Anyway: In your opinion, what unifies Placebo fans? What is the glue that puts them together?
Brenda Arriaga: Not everyone understands Placebo's music. When someone do it, becomes different and then started looking to other "different" people... and the magic is forever.


Placebo Anyway: Let us speak again about Brian: Which difference do you see in Brian when you look back and compare it with how he is nowadays?
Brenda Arriaga: Brian was more daring, now he looks more relaxed.


Placebo Anyway: In 3 seconds 3 words about Brian, Stefan and Steve!
Brenda Arriaga: Hope, Dreams and Love.


Placebo Anyway: 2014 the 20º anniversary of Placebo. 20 Years to go…20 years to know...what is your wish for the next 20 Placebo years? 
Brenda Arriaga: Placebo is a fundamental part of my life and I want them to follow me the rest of it.

Placebo Anyway: Thank you very much for the interview Trev.
Brenda Arriaga: Thank you too. Success and blessings! x.



Spanish version:

Placebo Anyway: Hola Brenda!! Estuviste en los conciertos del LLL Tour en este año. Primero dinos, ¿cuándo fue la primera vez que oíste de Placebo?
Brenda Arriaga: Sí, estuve en el concierto de la ciudad de México. Tengo 19 años y soy de los fans de Placebo más jóvenes. La primera vez que escuché hablar de ellos fue en la secundaria, hace siete años porque una de mis amigas mas grandes me habló de lo increíble que es la música de Placebo, y qué tan lindo es Brian jajaja "Special Needs" dueña primera canción que escuche...
Luego, en 2009 escuché "For What it's Worth" y me enamoré jajaja

Placebo Anyway: En el pasado tour, hubo dos firmas en México. ¿Fuiste a alguna de ellas?
Brenda Arriaga: Sí, fui a la firma de autógrafos en la ciudad de México. Fue increíble y muy gracioso porque amo a Steve, realmente amo a ese hombre y días antes, le hice una pancarta que decía: "Steve Marry Me". Cuando los chicos llegaron a la firma de autógrafo, Les mostré mi pancarta ... Stefan la vió y comenzó a reír pero Steve no lo vió en ningún momento. Luego, conocí a Brian, estaba en shock, sólo le dije "You're beautiful"...
Él me sonrío y comencé a llorar jajaja.



Placebo Anyway: ¿Te encontraste con la banda en algún lugar más?
Brenda Arriaga: , afortunadamente. La primera vez fue el domingo cuando los chicos tocaron en el "Vive Latino". No fui al concierto, pero los busqué en la ciudad, en los hoteles y finalmente los encontré. Estaba lloviendo y yo estaba muy triste, estaba esperando sola, era muy tarde y había perdido la esperanza de ver a los chicos pero de pronto a lo lejos ví al hermoso Steve. 

Mi amor platónico estaba frente a mí... Estaba muy nerviosa pero finalmente me acerqué a él ... 
Le pedí una foto, Yo era la única esperando entonces él se detuvo un rato y hablo conmigo pero no entendí nada jajajaja No podía dejar de verlo es realmente guapo, estaba en un sueño ... 
Después de un rato, Steve me dijo adiós, me abrazó, besé su mejilla y mi sueño se hizo realidad jajaja



Placebo Anyway: Maravilloso por ti!! ¿Cómo te sientes después de esos encuentros?
Brenda Arriaga: Estoy totalmente agradecida con ellos. Placebo es una inspiración para mí, porque todos y cada día, desde hace algunos años ellos me acompañan en este camino llamado "vida".
Placebo Anyway: Si pudieras encontrarte con Steve de nuevo para una pequeña platica/charla, ¿que te gustaría preguntarle?
Brenda Arriaga: jajaja Tuve la fortuna de ver a Steve en tres ocasiones y no pude controlar mis nervios. Si pudiera hablar con él, me gustaría hablar de música, él es fan de Elvis Presley y yo también jajaja




Placebo Anyway: ¿Por qué es Steve tan especial para ti y qué piensas del batería anterior Steve Hewitt?
Brenda Arriaga: Creo que Steve es definitivamente sexy, alegre y sonríe todo el tiempo.
Él es un chivo muy talentoso y siempre tiene un momento para saludar a los fans y hablar. Respecto a Hewitt, es muy talentoso y personalmente creo que él fue parte de la mejor época de Placebo.

Placebo Anyway: Vamos a hablar un poco sobre Brian. Él es muy reservado ahora desde el LLL tour.   ¿Qué piensas sobre la comunicación que tiene con sus fans?
 Brenda Arriaga: Creo sinceramente  que su actitud con los fans es terrible. Brian debería ser más cercano a los fans pero lo amamos de esa manera. Cómo sea cuando conocí a Brian, él vino a nosotros, nos  firmó y habló con nosotras, él fue muy amable pero nis dijo "No cameras"...




Placebo Anyway: Supuestamente algunas  teorías eso ocurre por la fobia que Brian tiene a las fotos. Él odia cuando las personas toman fotos todo el tiempo y graban el concierto. Qué piensas sobre eso?
Brenda Arriaga: Brian se molestó en el concierto cuando vio que algunas personas grababan. Él no debería molestarse, ya que pasa mucho tiempo para que podamos ver a Placebo en algunos países y lo único que queremos es capturar esos momentos.


Placebo Anyway: ¿Qué piensas sobre el estereotipo de los fans de Placebo? Había algún estereotipo desde el inicio y aún existe ? Qué hay con los fans mexicanos? Crees que son diferentes a los de otros países?
Brenda Arriaga: Los fans de Placebo son sentimentales y personas diferentes. La mayoría de los fans en la actualidad son desde los viejos tiempos fe Placebo y eso es asombroso. Los fans mexicanos somos, emotivos, apasionados y fieles...  Somos muy escandalosos y estamos locos, esta es la diferencia con otros fans jajajaja




Placebo Anyway: ¿En tu opinión, qué une a los fans fe Placebo? ¿Qué es lo que los mantiene unidos?
Brenda Arriaga: No todos  entienden la música de Placebo. Cuando alguien lo hace, se vuelve "diferente" y luego  comenzamos a buscar a otras personas "diferentes"... Y la magia es para siempre.


Placebo Anyway: Vamos a hablar de nuevo de Brian: ¿qué diferencia ves en Brian cuando  miras atrás y lo comparas a como es hoy en día?
Brenda Arriaga: Brian era más atrevido, ahora el luce más tranquilo.



Placebo Anyway: En 3 segundos 3 palabras sobre Brian, Stefan y Steve!
Brenda Arriaga: Esperanza, Sueños y Amor.


Placebo Anyway: 2014 es el 20º aniversario de Placebo. 20 Years to go…20 years to know...cuál Es tu deseo para los próximos 20 años de Placebo?
Brenda Arriaga: Placebo es una parte fundamental de mi vida y  quiero que ellos sigan acompañándome el resto de ésta.


Placebo Anyway: Muchísima gracias por la entrevista.
Brenda Arriaga: Gracias a ustedes también. Éxito y bendiciones! x.





Placebo LLL tour 2014 South America Special - Interview with Brenda Arriaga from Mexico
by SusanneCk with the helping hand of Diana E.T. Foghin – Placebo Anyway