Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Meeting Brian Molko in Mexico City 2014 - Placebo LLL Tour with







LLL –  Tour 2014 – Special
Meeting Brian Molko in Mexico City 2014

Interview with Zarynita Molkisses Molkhugs Molko Jackson from Mexico 
by SusanneCk - Placebo Anyway


Placebo Anyway: Zarynita you are a big Placebo fan from Mexico. When did you started to follow the band?

Zarynita: Hello, yeah a huge fan I must say, well I have about 16 years loving this trio, I found this amazing band in 1998... Actually I heard a song before that, but I don't remember if it was Nancy Boy or Bruise Pristine. I've heard it in a local station from my town... And that voice and sound simply hypnotized me!!!



Placebo Anyway: When was your first Placebo concert and the last?

Zarynita: Oh, actually my first gig was on September 30 2009, (my parents were very uptight at the time so didn't let me go anywhere, and if I added the fact that I'm from a small town far away from Mexico City it was more complicated) and my last was on April 3rd 2014, both of them just amazingly perfect!!!




Placebo Anyway: How was the concert? Did you get a good place to see the band?

Zarynita: The concert was amazing as well, I was in line since 2 days ago to be in front of them, and that day was the same day of the signing so I asked to a friend for save my place in the line... I can't complain I was right in front of them, against barrier. Well the opening band were LA (very good music I must say) they're from Spain but the lyrics are English, they're played for about 45 minutes and they kept so happy the audience, then the big moment, the crew started to unfold the drums of Steve, carried Stef and Brian's pedals, Fiona's violin, omg, everybody screaming finally the tea/water or wherever the guys drink... By the time everyone was just crazy, the guys showed up and started to play B3, then for what it's worth...



Then with a very good Spanish Brian said "Gracias, buenas tardes hermanos y hermanas, muchachas y muchachos, mi nombre es Brian, sรญ es la verdad, y el nombre de mi grupo de rock es Placebo. Estamos muy contentos que estemos todos para ustedes esta noche "fuerte como el amor" *(foodnote) so they started with LLL, 20 Years, EYEM, Too Many Friends, Scene of the Crime (At the end of this song Forrest needed some oxygen, well I saw him behind the drums with it, maybe caused by the change of altitude or something) then A Million Little Pieces, Speak in Tongues (at the end of this a girl threw to the stage a bra, it landed in Brian's boot, he smiled and kick it to remove it from his boot Hahahahaha it was hilarious I have to say), then Purify, Space Monkey, Blind, Exit Wounds, Meds,(here the guys seemed very touched specially Molko, to see the love of Mexican fans) Song to Say Goodbye, Special K, the Bitter End (here the guys encouraged the crowd to help them with the famous parampampam parararam)... 


Then they're go to return with Teenage Angst, just perfect, at my personal point of view the old fans really appreciate and even cried for the sentiment they put on this song, the end was close, Kate Bush cover RUTH just perfectly Amazing, Post Blue, and finally Infra-Red... It was just a very good show, it pleased all the crowd in the room, since the youngest fans to the old ones... Everyone got satisfied!!!

About the cameras he got a little mad but he didn't said anything but we noticed in the way he looked at some of us, and the only thing that he said was in Too Many Friends when he said "when all YOU people do all day is staring to a phone"! Kind of angry mood! And in 20 Years said "the worst of starts, the mercy part, the f***ing phone", so yes he still hates cameras!!!



Placebo Anyway:  What is your personal opinion about Brian’s attitude with the pics and video bootlegers?  We can see he affects him a lot, he hates people taking pics and filming the concerts with their mobile phones.



Zarynita: Well, I have to say that I perfectly understand him; it must be exhausting, annoying and very irritating to be giving the best of him on stage while everyone is filming and not being there completely in the show... Like he has said watching the full gig in a very small screen,  this is ridiculous... On the other hand as a fan, I think many of us (I am of them), want something to hold on to, as a way to relive those beautiful moments, so I think is hard for both parts...





Placebo Anyway:  So you had a great concert. Let us speak about the moment you met Brian Molko.  Where did you met him? Backstage, at the airport, hotel…restaurant..?



Zarynita:  Well, the first time I see them was actually April 2nd, I was in line, saving a spot for the gig and be one of the first to took a good place, and there was another girl next to me and we started chatting and then she told me she knew the hotel the guys were staying. That it was so close of where we were, that they probably arrive soon to Mexico City from Guadalajara and she asked me if I wanted to go (there was no way I could say "No") so immediately we took a cab to the hotel, and it was crazy, 'cause we didn't know what time they were supposed to arrive.  



The crazy part was when we arrived at the hotel they just arrived too, so we just got out of the cap and run as crazy, (the taxi driver ran behind us, he thought that we didn't want to pay Hahahahaha) and the moment I saw Molko.

 I started screaming like crazy "Molkooooo!!!" and he turned to us and saw us and he laughed and ran to the hotel,  but I was happy to see him hahahaha.

Stef and Steve stayed to signed to us and another guy. Steve was in a very good mood accepting to take pictures with everyone who asked him. Stefan was very accessible too but he didn't want any pics, and then they went into the hotel and we just had the best moment of our lives!!!





Placebo Anyway:  Wow. What an amazing story. So funny the poor taxi driver!! I wonder if at the end he asked for a autograph too!!!

So we heard, you had a second chance to meet Brian Molko again. Tell us a little bit more about this!





Zarynita: Yeah, it was hilarious!!!

Well, later on April 3rd we saw them again at the gig, but before that on the signing, (my little sister came with me, she is 11, but she love his voice and music even when she doesn't understand a word) she only stared at them hypnotized by their beauty, and she didn't say anything, when it was my turn, I went up the stairs, the first it was Steve, he remembered me from the day before and he smile at me, and say "Heeeey!" And I just answered him "Hi again!!! How are you?" It was quick, 'cause the security of the store was kind of rude.

Then it was the turn for Stefan.  I have to say I didn't pay any attention to him; I immediately stared at Brian and said "you're fucking beautiful Molko!!!" Hahahaha 
 





When I'm excited, bad words came out my mouth, sorry jajajajaja, and he kind of say a little thanks, and then he saw my t-shirt and he took his glasses off to check my shirt, and I saw those beautiful green eyes!!! Then when I was about to be removed from the stage  and I started to begging to Molko like a child "please please please Molko touch my ring, and he smiled with that amazing mouth and he gave me three palms on my right hand I just died of happiness!!!  , I mean sixteen years thinking how would it be to know them and finally had that chance, to see them, to touch them... Was just perfect...Then a guy from security took me off the platform and it was time to go to get a good place for the gig!!!



The day that I actually was able to be face to face with Brian Molko and when exchanged a few words was on April 5th

It was after a long time waiting outside his hotel. There were about 8 or 10 people waiting for them, it was crazy, you know? I was a bit worried 'cause there was no movement outside the hotel so I thought maybe they're already went... But later showed up Rhodes and then the roadie guy so my excitement was back...





 Placebo Anyway:  Now when you look back to all you have lived these days. Which is the most meaningful moment you keep in your heart?



Zarynita: OMG, I think every single moment, but if I need to choose, I would say the times that I saw Brian Molko  smiling, he looked so comfortable and happy... And when he touched my hand, and hearing his beautiful voice talking to me (yeah, it were two or three sentences but for me it were just like heaven) and not in a interview behind a screen... You won't believe me but now that I'm writing this I'm actually smiling like a fool reliving that beautiful day, and call me crazy but it was the best day of my life for sure!!! 




Placebo Anyway:  So beautiful your words Zarynita. Many Placebo dreams came true for you. What is the next dream – Placebo dream – you would like to come true?



Zarynita: I think to have the chance to talk to them again but with more time, about their music, something about them (specially Molko 'cause he's so enigmatic) maybe it'll never happen, but I never thought, not even in my craziest dream to see them face to face and it happened!!! Who knows? I think if you try your best you could do it!!! And save money to see them again in another gigs!!! I really love to see them over and over again just to listen to that beautiful songs that have an extremely impact in my life, and helped me so many times and that actually I grew up with them!!!





Placebo Anyway:  Thank you very much for these lovely interview. A big hug for you and good luck with all your dreams ..Placebo dreams.



Zarynita:  Thank you dear Susanne, for let me share my feelings about this amazing band, for let me expressed myself and not feeling like a crazy person, and most of all for let me know this amazing people that really are in here for love to these guys and their beautiful music!!! Hugs and blessings from Mexico!!!








*Foodnote: Thank you!  Good evening brothers and sisters,  girls and boys my name is Brian,  yes that's right, and the name of rock band is Placebo.  We are very happy to be here for you tonight lll



A special Thank You to Zarynita from Mexico. Interview by SusanneCk – #PlaceboAnyway 



Photos: by Zarynita & friends. Live pics sources unknown