Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Loving the Aliens - Brian Molko



Loving the Aliens

Brian Molko's Favourite Bands 1997

GIRLS AGAINST BOYS/SEBADOH


"Girls Against Boys and Sebadoh - pure sex and pure emotion. When I listen to Sebadoh, it breaks my heart.


I find similarities between Sebadoh and us, the way Jason and Lou play together, the way the guitars and the bass harmonise. You listen to Sebadoh before your go out and get really drunk..
Then, when you do, you listen to Girls Against Boys"


AC ACOUSTICS
"The most underrated band in Britain. I sang backing vocals with them on Boxing Day in Glasgow."



DAVID BOWIE

"I've thought as lot about why Bowie asked us to support him at Madison Square Garden.
Obviously, he's a fan, but what is it that he loves so much about Placebo outside of the music?
I think he sees a lot of himself in us, of how he was when he was younger. Maybe he thinks we're carrying some sort of torch he carried before he went straight. The campo Olympic Flame.".


Brian Molko - Interview Melody Maker 1997