Friday, May 12, 2017

Just loved the gig - Placebo live in Luxembourg 09.05.17

Photo credits: Placebo soonnight.com & corchofotos IG



It was a fantastic evening with a good crowd and awesome music.
Placebo Luxembourg 9.5.2017

by Stef Lidell

Yesterday I went to my 6th Placebo concert.
The rockhal in Luxemburg was completely sold out for the Placebo gig on the 9th of may.It was the first time after 10 years that they came back to play here.

They chose Laerke Corfix as their support act.She is a singer/songwriter and played a nice mixture of slower and rockier tunes.At the end of her set she thanked Brian and Stefan for their support.
Definitely worth a listen!

After a few minutes changing the set the just recently published video for "Every you,every me" was showed on the big screens as well as a video showing scenes from the last 20 years of their career.

Shortly before there was a huge "no mobile phones" sign on the screens. And the security had a serious eye on people who tried filming and taking pictures.


One guy that just didn’t stop filming though being disturbed a few times already got just removed from the crowd.So it was a great mostly "annoying screens in your damn sight"-free concert



The band was in a great mood.They joked around,laughed and sounded amazing!
At the start of "Jesus son" there was a weird sound so Brian stopped,laughed and said "I seem to experience technical difficulties.Let's start this again.Feels like a coitus interruptus if you know what I mean and if you're one paying attention"



They went on playing the full setlist and talked a bit in between about pulling the melancholic part to the side and going over to have a bit more of a birthday party now.
And so we did



It was a fantastic evening with a good crowd and awesome music.Just loved the gig.


And I was so lucky to catch a drumstick.With my forehead. And had to fight it back from a guy who stepped on it when it fell down,but I was quicker and now I have a little bump AND a drumstick


Check out some pictures here:
http://www.three-songs.com/placebo-live-rockhal/

and I added some pictures I took myself (of course before the big screen sign XD )

Steff Lidell team member of Placebo Anyway 

Photos by Stef Lidell