Thursday, July 20, 2017

Interview with Eddy Temple Morris. A friend of Brian Molko by Anastashia Loginova 1nd part


Photo: Eddy Temple Morris SND


The most special one by the long way was the 20 anniversary gig last year at Wembley stadium. I think that when Placebo started, they were so exciting at that time and there was a real chemistry that was going on between those sweet guys. And I think that…

They got Steve and then things over time deteriorated. I think the chemistry between them all deteriorated, between them and Steve. Basically when they got the new drummer that was a muscular one, a heavy-metal drummer, I feel, from my point of view: Placebo lost their way, I think, musically at that moment. Because I saw he's a lovely guy and a really good drummer but I feel like he was the wrong drummer for them. And there was too much muscularity going on behind the kit. Placebo is not a heavy-metal band. They have influences' from punk and indie, David Bowie, T. Rex, all that really stuff. I feel they came across a bit like a metal band. I saw the gig they did, it was an iTunes gig. I was there and I thought 'No, this is not a Placebo I know.


Interview with Eddz Temple-Morris about Placebo by Anastasiya Loginova

Eddy Temple-Morris, a friend of Brian Molko and Placebo, took part in the project and told us about his first meeting with the band, how he played after Placebo concert at Wembley, a recording of a song for the Losers with Brian Molko and etc. It is the first part of the interview. Eddy, thank you very much for finding the time for this conversation!

Interview with Eddy Temple-Morris is available on the website

Go to the second part of the interview